Extremely well established manufacturer of automotive metal components has immediate need for a Plant Manager at their facility near Cleveland OH–They will consider promoting a candidate who is currently a Senior Production Manager or Operations Manager who is ready for the next step!
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Direct, manage and monitor plant operations. Responsible for the manufacture and shipment of company sold products. Ensure profit, quality, safety, and productivity standards are achieved.
- Responsible for the leadership and all manufacturing related associates.
- Responsible for material management including inventory levels, scheduling, container levels, shipping, and receiving.
- Establish and drive systems to attain 100% delivery on time.
- Continually drive adherence to quality process and procedures to achieve zero PPM (parts per million)
- Identify cost drivers and lead manufacturing activities to attain variable expense budgeted ratios.
- Identify negative manufacturing trends and utilize cross-functional teams to improve production metrics.
- Identify necessary capital expenditures to maintain technological competitive edge.
- Utilize annual performance reviews to drive change and improve manufacturing metrics.
- Develop and train manufacturing associates, material handlers, team leaders, and production supervisors.
- Lead production associates, material handlers, team leaders, and production supervisors to continually improve safety, quality, delivery, and production metrics.
- Actively promote associates participation in continuous improvement efforts like suggestion programs and Continuous Improvement teams.
- Ensure compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations in the plant.
- Follow all applicable IATF 16949 policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Follow all applicable ISO 14001 policies and procedures.
- Generally, perform all other duties as required.
Education / Experience /Training
High School Graduate or equivalent
Relevant College Degree or 15 years management experience
10 years experience in manufacturing in similar production environments
5 years supervision / management
Defining quality issues, identifying root causes, and creating action decks to resolve issues.
Salary : $90,000 – $110,000