Our client is a machining and fabrication shop that offers a range of manufacturing services including “Build-to-Print”, “Design-to-Build”, and Contract Manufacturing for high-technology industries. They manufacture to specification including ASME welding. They embrace a culture of strong customer service, quality employees, and a disciplined engineered approach. They are a strong company; backlog is big, turnover is low, and tenure is high. This is an exciting opportunity to drive change and design how they run machines and manage QC area.
The Quality Control Manager will bring cutting-edge leadership, QC, and inspection/code solutions to the QC and Inspection team. The QC Manager will be a change agent versed in lean. They will grasp the challenge and look for better processes. They will be a highly motivated leader with a strong work ethic and desire.
- Lead the QC and Inspection department team development including: coaching and mentoring as well as creating ownership and a team culture.
- Lead and participate in meetings as well promote growth and cutting edge thinking.
- Be integral member of shop floor leadership team.
- Own the QC department schedule, inspection and ASME plan
- Be involved in lean and continuous process improvement.
- Create team involvement, expectations and accountability.
- Create QC department work schedule
- Research Quality, Inspection and calibration equipment/upgrades.
- Plan and coordinate QC training of personnel
- Manage and coordinate ASME Section VIII Div .1 code requirements
- Oversight of Quality and inspection related to KPI’s and programs
- Develop methodology of Inspection
Salary : $65,000 – $75,000