International manufacturer of metal automotive components has immediate need for a Quality Engineer.
To be responsible for implementing and maintaining quality system requirements and ongoing quality, product, manufacturing, and process engineering activities in a growing TS16949 certified automotive Tier-one supplier.
Scope of Duties:
- Assist Quality Manager with:
- APQP, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans, Job Instructions, etc.
- Internal quality system audits
- Meeting customer and internal quality requirements
- Supplier development and approval
- Supplier issues
- Quality system training
- Ongoing quality activities interfacing with Quality Manager, Purchasing Manager, General Manager, Operations Manager, Manufacturing Supervisors, Production Technicians, Quality Technicians, Engineers, Customer Quality Representatives, and Suppliers.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in manufacturing and quality engineering in a tier-one automotive manufacturing supplier. (mechanical assembly experience preferred)
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering preferred
- Proficient with automotive industry quality requirements such as PPAP, FMEA, SPC, APQP, Gauge R&R, Control Plans, all TS16949 procedures, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience with variety of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient knowledge reading drawings, GD&T, and measuring equipment, testing techniques, and equipment
- Ensure active and thorough investigation of quality issues and the implementation of effective corrective and/or preventive actions.
- Basic knowledge of metallurgy
- Experience working with FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) preferred
- Experience working with GM & Toyota desired.
- Ensure quality of products which includes effective and efficient use of Quality Engineering techniques such as risk analysis, statistical data analysis, statistical process control, sample plan development, and process capability analysis
- Ensure adherence to internal and customer quality requirements
- Ensure minimal PPM defect performance and drive continuous process improvement by means of effectively utilizing tools such as Six Sigma methodologies to solve problems and develop optimal products and processes.
- Assist the design, development, and implementation of plant quality system
- Improve supplier performance by identifying, communicating, and resolving supplier quality problems by means such as validation of processes and the creation of robust control plans
- Conduct necessary training as needed
- Able to work autonomously
- Energetic and a self starter
- Initiates contacts and establishes rapport easily, maintaining effective communication between all management, customers, and employees
- Projects a professional image at all times
Conditions of Employment:
- Hours worked according to the demands of the operation
- Must live in close proximity to the plant located in Clinton Tennessee
Salary : $65,000 – $75,000