Very well established manufacturer of mechanical and electromechanical parts used in aerospace, industrial, and automotive, has immediate need for Quality Manager-They are looking for a strong leader.
Manage quality department functions. Acts as Management Representative for ISO Quality System. Embraces and executes the company Core Values. Actively support the company vision and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage functions of inspection, calibration and MRB departments.
- Manage all MRB functions including coordinating dispositions, rework activities, and scrap transactions.
- Manage all corrective action activities for internal production corrective actions and supplier corrective actions. Ensure that corrective action documentation is maintained.
- Review and maintain, quality department work instructions, manufacturing assembly Control Plans, QCP (Quality test procedures)
- Manage the Certified Operator Program according to procedures and training manual.
- Manage and perform In-process production audits
- Manage supplier quality functions. Provide support with supplier PPAP requirements, first article requirements and provide training to improve supplier quality performance. Perform periodic supplier audits.
- Report all chronic supplier quality issues to management for resolution.
- Monitor and report on cost of quality, including production rejections and rework, supplier rejections, and scrap.
- Coordinate and assist in training ISO Internal Auditors and manage the Internal Audit process.
- Work with the purchasing team to ensure consistent supplier quality levels
- Coordinate customer source inspection activities.
- Establish and implement continuous improvement projects, manufacturing production process improvements, Certified Operator improvement projects, Supplier Audits and Supplier Certification projects.
- Assist Director of Operations with other activities as assigned.
- Prepare and lead the Management Review Process.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises employees in the inspection, calibration and MRB departments. Perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization policies and procedures. Responsibilities include training employees and new employees in ISO, Manufacturing Work Instructions, and , addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES: Ensure that all employees maintain or exceed the degree of excellence needed to produce an excellent product. This includes following ISO 9001 policies, procedures and work instructions, using problem solving techniques to resolve root cause of problems. Shaw Development expects all employees to take pride in a job well done the first time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: BA, BS degree required or equivalent industrial experience preferred.
Knowledge of standard quality tools such as FMEA (Failure Modes Effect Analysis) SPC (Statistical Process Control), Root Cause Analysis, DMAIC Model (Six Sigma), 5 Whys, Pareto analysis, Kaizen events, Process walk studies.
CERTIFICATIONS: Supplier Auditor Certification and Certified 3rd party Black Belt Certification preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and write in English and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Work with mathematical concepts in geometry and trigonometry. Ability to work with fractions, percentages. Must be able to calculate True Positions from Blue Prints.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Proficient computer skill preferred.
Knowledge ASME Y14.5M tolerance spec.
Familiarization with MIL, and ASTM specifications.
Knowledge of Automotive PPAP 4th Edition requirements.