Our client specializes in helping OEMs across the country by designing and manufacturing custom electric motors and gear motors for their high-volume products and applications. They've been in business for over 30 years and have successfully completed over 1,000 OEM projects.
They are currently seeking a Sales Engineer with strong business development skills. Your primary role will be to proactively manage a geographic territory for maximum sales by finding new opportunities. This can be accomplished by a number of different means, including, but not limited to face-to-face meetings, cold calling, obtaining referrals from satisfied customers, and growing sales within existing accounts. The right candidate is highly technical, has superior business acumen, is exceedingly motivated, and tenacious at closing deals. Position is based in anywhere near Chicago or Milwaukee.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Learning the company’s products, services and capabilities and remain up-to-date on emerging capabilities
- Developing knowledge of industries served and competition
- Finding and developing long-term, sustainable relationships with key territory accounts
- Presenting regular updates to management including territory and opportunity progress as related to plan
- Timely following up with all inbound leads and opportunities, proactively working the customer base, asking for referrals, and prospecting via outbound phone calls and face-to-face client visits
- Documenting all account activity in Saleforce.com
- Creating and presenting an annual strategic territory plan which includes new growth targets, key accounts, and activity plans
- Working closely with internal teams to ensure successful completion of quotes, sample requests, and other customer requests
- Gathering and documenting all project and technical requirements from customers and communicating those requirements to internal teams to ensure success
- Traveling within the territory for customer visits, presentations, prospecting, and trade shows.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering, sales or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in sales and account management of technology products or services in a business-to-business sales environment.
- Perform duties with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrable track record of successfully meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to discover new opportunities and close sales.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be proactive, solve problems, anticipate needs and have the necessary drive and enthusiasm to achieve results.
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management software, preferably Salesforce.com.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of electric motors, gears and actuators.
- Prior formal sales training such as that from Miller Heiman, Wilson Learning or Achieve Global.
Salary : $70,000 – $120,000