Solid client of ours is in need of a full time Maintenance Manager. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Assist operations in daily maintenance of equipment to ensure facility operations & Health and Safety of Production Environment. Manage the Preventative Maintenance Program and generally oversee all large equipment.
• Develops knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote Health & Safety for the protection of people and property
• Troubleshoot and repair electrical, hydraulic and mechanical breakdowns
• Install used compaction equipment as required
• Refurbish and test-run used equipment
• Fabricate safety guards, railings, and support equipment for compaction and conveying equipment
• Assist on major plant modifications, installations and repairs
• Provides support to keep equipment operational by being involved in maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures
• Fully understands the production processes, knowledge of raw material, quality control, costs, machine functions and capabilities in order to maximize the effective manufacture of the end product
• Occasional travel required to provide maintenance support for suppliers, as well as company owned equipment in the field, as well as remote recycling centers.
• Assist the Health and Safety Committee in the development of Risk Assessments for maintenance related tasks.
• Visit the work area frequently to ensure compliance, and discusses safety issues with team. Explains to team that safety excellence is expected and is a requirement of employment. Encourages the team to report incidents, near-misses and unsafe conditions. SKNA employees regardless of level, position or tenure are responsible for upholding the safety standards regulations and policies.
• Other projects and considerations as directed by management.
• Able to work safely and effectively on an independent basis, with minimal and/or no supervision
• Working knowledge of Industrial Safety Standards including but not limited to OSHA.
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, dealing with individuals at all levels of the company, vendors, & suppliers.
• Self-motivated and committed individual
• Strong work ethic
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 2 + years progressively responsible Millwright or industrial maintenance experience required
• Cutting, welding, fabrication experience as well as hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting.
• Experience with baler or compactor repairs preferred, but not required
• PLC Troubleshooting experience a plus
• Valid Driver’s License & good driving record
• Must be able to proficiently pass a mechanical aptitude and cognitive ability test.
To successfully perform the essential functions of this role it requires the ability to: stand, walk frequently, frequent use of hands (reach with hands and arms), view computer monitor, use telephone, speak and hear on a frequent basis. The role requires lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Mental fortitude to plan, manage, and think critically on complex tasks in a variety of circumstances. Must also understand personal limitations and the limitations of those they work with.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will encounter noise level typical of that of an office with computers, phones, printers, and light traffic. May encounter frequent interruptions throughout the day. May be required to work in a confined area and sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.