Apply for the Project Engineer position
The position will be part of a division which is experiencing tremendous growth. This is a new technology of complete packaged refrigeration systems and products that are revolutionizing the industrial refrigeration industry.
The Project Engineer will manage multiple projects/contracts simultaneously. Typical assignment requires developing detailed execution plans, goals, and objectives that can cover the entire timeline of the order execution from order booking to system startup and handover to the end-user. Responsibilities include oversight of each project’s financial status, adherence to required specifications and schedule, oversight of project execution thru proper project coordination and integration of project team members. Employs creative thinking to formulate goals objectives and integrates them into a cohesive project implementation approach to satisfy customer requirements and provide necessary project reporting to stakeholders.
- Manage review of project scope, price, and contract terms & conditions to assure they are in accordance with company policy.
- Manages multiple projects and contracts simultaneously. This should involve providing technical support, coordination and prioritization of critical path activities associated with each project.
- Manages and oversees contract project schedules and coordinates same with installing contractors.
- Manages the execution of projects to assure customer commitments/deliverables meet the requirements of the customer and customer agreements. This may include making sure orders that have customer specifications are incorporated into the work as agreed upon.
- Coordinates and integrates project activities between Sales, Customer Solutions, Product Development, Materials Supply, Operations, Service and associated manufacturing plant representatives and suppliers as needed to support the team.
- Coordinates customer/contractor meetings held on site or off site to discuss project logistics.
- Responsible for monitoring project financial status impact to the company and responsible for making sure in line with estimate.
- Must be able to review/comprehend project technical data to make and coordinate decisions to keep the project moving forward within budget, scope and time.
- Must understand project management principles to be able to apply procedures to each project to plan, report status on regular basis, and hold regular meetings with the project team to make it successful.
- Manages projects to identify potential problems, or trends to report deficiencies to the team, supervision, and management. Develops and leads recovery plans as appropriate.
- Coordination of customer/contractor visits to manufacturing for inspections and training.
- Coordinate shipping details for each project with installing contractor.
- Coordinate site startup supervision and customer training.
4-Year degree in Business, Business Management, Construction, Construction Management or Engineering, along with minimum 5 years of related work experience preferred. Experience in the Refrigeration, HVAC, construction, or related field desired. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of project management and the duties outlined above. Possess good computer skills and working knowledge of MS software tools. Travel requirements approximately 35%.