Apply for the Field Service Technician position
Field Service Technician
- Our client is a global packaging equipment manufacturer, with a proven track record of over 30 years of success. They offer fantastic benefits, work-life balance, flexible hours and a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- In the last 5 years the business has expanded at 20-50% rate and as a result they are adding a Field Service Technician to the team
- This role will support the Field Service team across the United States with an focus on the Midwest
- It is a remote role and can work from home when not traveling. 50% travel will be required for installations, maintenance, repair, upkeep and training
- Comprehensive training will be provided, will shadow lead Field Service Engineers and travel to HQ in Europe for onsite training
- Install and setup equipment for customers per specification. Test equipment and train users and ensure equipment is properly running as expected
- Provide technical support, maintain equipment and provide preventive maintenance as needed to customer specifications
- Provide training for customers and Innovation: ensure performance improvements, quality, and total customer satisfaction. Performs periodic follow-up calls to customers
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance that include calibration, testing, hardware/software upgrades, etc.
- Become a technical subject matter expert on current and new equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems through telephone support, log file reading, or on-site client visits.
- Maintain a repair parts inventory and provide input on parts usage related to failures.
- Participate in domestic or worldwide conference calls, service summits, expert meetings, Trade Shows and workshops.
- Provide service support for assigned territory as needed.
- Create and maintain service records and documents, using a call management system
- Perform system analysis of current workflow and proposed setup to improve customer efficiency and system effectiveness, including proposals to add, remove or modify existing configurations and supporting peripherals.
- Submits written and accurate reports in a timely manner.
- BS/AAS in technical discipline: Engineering, Electronics, or equivalent amount of Field Service packaging equipment experience.
- 2-4 + years’ experience in field service / Maintenance role and troubleshooting electromechanical equipment expertise from a manufacturing or military environment
- Have an ability to troubleshoot and repair electromechanical equipment
- Excellent communication skills- including both verbal and written.
- Pay attention to details and strive for technical excellence in work.
- Listen to the customer, understand each service situation and provide a response that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Demonstrate proper etiquette and empathy for each customer interaction.
- Ability to work with other internal cross-functional groups including sales, engineers, and upper management / executive team members
- Ability to document work performed and be well organized.
- Experience with the following is essential: fabrication of parts, installations, mechanic / electrical troubleshooting, motion control, and mechanical alignment
- Must be willing to travel 50%+ to support business demand within the United States.
- Military veterans preferred – especially with maintenance background