A leader in precision machining and custom automaton is looking for a high impact Lead Project Manager to lead the Project Management team for their growing Custom Automation & Robotics Integration business. The Lead Project Manager will influence and work efficiently cross-functionally, demonstrate leadership qualities, high business acumen, and high level written & verbal communication skills.
The company is a diversified and growing organization with a track record of success and profitability. They wish to expand their presence in new markets that require precision machining, robotics, and custom automation solutions. They are growing through organic and inorganic means.
- This is a Player/Coach role, leading project management of challenging, large, and technically complex projects while coaching other project managers.
- Mentor, coach, and develop the Project Managers team to improve the overall project management effectiveness of key accountabilities of customer satisfaction, cost, schedule, and scope.
- Serve as the primary point of communication to the customer for assigned projects
- Lead and mentor project team through the phase-gate processes.
- Accept and share base practices
- Track and maintain project labor and material budgets, including corrective actions to deliver key project deliverables on time and budget.
- Plan & lead difficult negotiations to successful terms with customers needed.
- Use Root Cause Analysis ad implement corrective actions when problems are identified.
- Clearly communicate the status & health of the project weekly both internally and externally.
- Proactively identify risks and mitigations, issues, and drive to timely resolution
- Coordinate and continuously monitor and control schedules, budgets, and quality deliverables throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Exhibit strong emotional intelligence, interpersonal and leadership skills to build loyalty trust, and commitments from key customer contacts involved with making decisions.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or 7+ years of relevant experience within the industrial automation sector
- Project Management experience leading large complex project simultaneously
- Technical or Engineering background
- 3+ years of experience leading other Project Managers
- Strong cross-functional team leadership abilities
- Prior experience leading projects for external customers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and MS Project or similar project management software
- Ability to travel to meet with customers as needed