Full Job Description
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Quality Control Manager manages the inspection and testing of materials, parts, and products to ensure adherence to established quality standards. Proposes corrective actions to improve compliance with quality specifications and recommends new or improved quality control methods, procedures, and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervising Quality Technicians and Quality Engineers that all duties are carried out expeditiously in accordance with prescribed procedures, including Statistical Process Control and that the results are properly documented and communicated to the appropriate parties.
- Communicating with customers regarding customer quality concerns.
- Ensuring all procedures are carried out in accordance with the Quality Control Manual, providing input to improve procedures.
- Provide leadership, demonstrate technical confidence and adhere to and enforce general plant and safety rules within the Quality Control Department.
- Provide reports on levels of returns, scrap, supplier quality etc..
- Participates in resolution of product quality concerns.
- Participate in APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning).
- Provide statistical analysis and train operators in SPC (Statistical Process Control).
- Responsible for gauge work instructions, maintenance and storage.
- Responsible for total Quality of products and services and authorized to stop work when a nonconformance is noted.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing quality compliance standards.
- Stays apprised of quality-related changes/advancements in the industry.
- Actively shares knowledge across the organization.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or equivalent BS degree
- 2+ years in automotive industry
- 2+ years in supervision
- ISO9001 and/or AS9100 expertise
- Six Sigma Green Belt or better preferred
- Lean Manufacturing training and experience implementing a plus
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills. Ability to build strong relationships across all levels and departments within the organization.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking