Apply for the Senior Accountant position
Our client is a leading supplier of CPG and based in Long Island.
Position requires you to be in the office 5 days a week.
Responsible for supporting the organization’s financial operations; including cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, accruals, prepaids and fixed assets and will provide support for month end closing, financial reporting, and audits as well as other projects.
· Support accounting functions including collections, vendor bill management, account reconciliations, commissions, accruals and schedules, journal entries as well as coach staff, including prompt feedback and professional development.
· Work closely with accounts receivable function, monitoring cash collections, deductions, and overdue amounts.
· Support expense management including accurate booking of accruals and prepaids; support vendor payment process.
· Review and monitor sales and inventory; work with related departments to analyze and report inventory, cost of sales, and gross margin.
· Support cash flow forecasting, bank covenant calculations and reporting.
· Prepare detailed analytics and all aspects of the business, including product, channel, and lines of business, in conjunction with Sales and Operations. Support reporting of business metrics, KPIs, and internal reporting for Senior Management.
· Support gross margin analysis and inventory costing applications.
· Execute special projects as needed.
· Support annual and periodic audits and reviews with outside accountants, bank field examiners, internal staff and sales tax filings.
· Follow all control procedures and report risk issues to company.
· Proficient with financial and reporting systems including Sage 300.
· Excellent analytical and reasoning skills; able to recognize and support organization’s priorities.
· Results-oriented with the ability to perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with everyday activities.
· Ability to work under pressure on tight deadlines in a demanding environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration. Ideally, CPA certified.
· 4+ years of proven and relevant experience that includes major retailers.
· Public and private experience a plus