Our client is one of the world’s largest supplier of Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and airport-related equipment replacement parts. The company supplies replacement parts and accessories for all types and brands of GSE. They provide supply chain management, on site supply services, single source supply, logistics solutions, engineering solutions and other cost reduction programs.
Senior Accountant will support the Finance Department by performing all functions with the Accounting Department. This position will also be preparing various financial statements, account analysis and reconciliations and discrepancies (actual vs budget), managing external audits, filing appropriate tax returns, preparing bank reconciliations and assisting management with the day–to day operation of the Finance Department.
- Research– you will be tasked with audits and uncovering actual vs budget and to find solutions to any discrepancies.
- Financials – Analyze all balance sheets and P&L accounts for all assigned companies. Prepare reconciliations for all significant balance sheets accounts including cash, prepaid assets, fixed assets, intangible assets, inventory, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. Issue monthly branch P&Ls for comments by Operations and Senior management. Present monthly results to senior management.
- Month End Reporting – Oversee all month end closing tasks including but not limited to closing journal entries and account analyses. Financial statement preparation and review month end variances against budget for multiple companies. Analyze all balance sheet, profit and loss statements for all entities. Prepare account reconciliations.
- Budget Review –Support the development of the yearly budget and review actual financials against budget.
- Audit – Provide all information requested for audits.
- File monthly sales tax returns, Canadian PST/GST returns, VAT returns and information as requested by outside accountants.
- Development – Assist with day–to-day operation of the Finance department.
- Issue – Monthly branch profit and loss statements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification preferred
- Five to Seven years’ experience in Accounting
- 2 plus years in Public Accounting experience preferred
- Two plus years in Private Accounting experience preferred
- Experience with multi locations and company’s a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Self-starter who is result driven that can meet deadlines
- Prior banking relationships a plus
- International (IRFS) experience a plus
- Highly organized with great attention detail
- Ability to thrive in fast paced work environment
- Proven interpersonal skills, professional demeanor
- Strong knowledge of Excel