Apply for the Senior Internal Auditor position
Company headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona is looking to add a Senior Internal Auditor to their staff. In this role, you will be challenged with planning and performing financial and operational audits, conducting special studies, workflow simplification studies, and investigations as assigned as well as have the opportunity to travel throughout the US, Canada, United Kingdom, and other countries where the Company does business.
- Reviews and appraises the adequacy and effectiveness of accounting, financial and operating controls and operations to ascertain compliance with established corporate policies, plans and procedures.
- Assists in auditing Financial and IT general computer controls in order to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Section 404.
- Participates in audits of Company and its subsidiaries; plans, performs audits; conducts special projects and investigations as assigned.
- Plans, records and budgets time expended on each phase of the audit program and explains variances.
- Reviews internal controls to identify potential control weaknesses in systems or processes to be reviewed.
- Determines the reliability and integrity of the financial operating data provided to management.
- Ascertains that corporate assets are accounted for and safeguarded from losses and that all liabilities are recorded.
- Plans and prepares the scope of the audit and develops programs and procedures to accomplish the audit objectives of Company operating companies Coordinates efforts with the company’s external auditors.
- Schedules and controls workflow, supervises and coordinates assigned staff in performance of audits, monitors quantity and quality of work, and trains less experienced staff members on assigned audits.
- Reviews working papers for evidence of sufficient documentation to accomplish the audit scope and objectives.
- Presents audit findings and applicable recommendations to the Chief Audit Executive, Audit Manager, and auditee for review.
- Provides constructive suggestions and recommendations to managers and professionals in the corporation and subsidiaries to facilitate the effective discharge of their responsibilities.
- Prepares concise, written audit reports, including audit findings and summaries, as well as pertinent comments and recommendations for improvement in both financial and operational areas.
- Conducts special studies and investigations and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting , Finance or equivalent
- Four to five years recent experience in internal auditing or public accounting
- CPA or in the process of getting CPA is Required
- Travel and recreation, business services, or manufacturing experience and big four experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Self motivated
- Flexibility to travel up to 30%
- International travel required