Tax Director – Fast Track to Partnership – Initially Flexible work from home hours!
This entrepreneurial and consulting oriented public accounting firm has been ranked among the best CPA firms to work for in the U. S. Clients include both SEC and closely held corporations, along with high net worth individuals in a variety of industries. Work from home flexible hours available until post Covid when out of town candidates would need to relocate to either the San Jose, San Francisco, or Denver area. They are a great alternative to the Big 4 for prospective employees, as well as clients seeking more personalized service. They do not maintain a high stress, demanding ‘corporate’ culture, and employees are not treated as a number or one of the masses. Work environment is not at all typical of the public accounting grind and they offer a very reasonable work/life balance as well as a fast track to Partnership.
1. Performs technical tax review and approval of all tax returns and governmental tax examinations of any complexity.
2. Serves as a subject matter expert in discipline or industry.
3. Demonstrates excellence in most advanced technical skills.
4. Performs all task related to client service and sees that assignments are accomplished within budgeted time.
5. Assumes full responsibility for larger tax returns and delegates to the various tax staff, seniors, and managers as deemed necessary.
1. 7 to 10 years experience in public accounting, demonstrating a proven progression in tax complexity, scope, and research.
2. Ability to independently manage client’s tax and advisory needs.
3. Active CPA license.
4. Experience with publicly traded companies and complex tax provisions for both SEC and privately held clients.