Apply for the Maintenance Manager position
Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: Syracuse, NY
Job Description Summary
Supervises activities of maintenance unit supervisors within a single service department on multiple shifts to ensure the effective, timely provisions of quality services. Coordinates maintenance activities within a single department that uses common production equipment, methods, and standards over a multiple shift period. Directs supervisors in establishing and maintaining maintenance schedules within established procedures and budgets. Monitors established performance indicators including quality and injury reports. Ensures compliance with safety rules and regulations to minimize industrial injuries and meet regulatory requirements. Guides supervisors on union contract interpretation, compliance with organizational policies, and adherence to quality control standards.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Industry Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
- Five years of experience working in industrial related fields.
- Five to seven years of experience of supervisory experience in an industrial setting
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, manage and control workflow; ability to meet deadlines.
- One to three years working experience with lean manufacturing and Six Sigma principles
- Knowledge of financial systems in order to manage departmental costs and formulate budgets
- Prior experience working in a union environment, including working with multi-crafts
- Project Management skills
- Green Belt certification
- OSHA 10-hour or 30-hour safety certification
Compensation: $90k to $100k