Apply for the Quality Manager position
Our client needs a Quality Manager due to a promotion. Be a part of an organization, with a dynamic leadership team that truly values and appreciates the people that work there. Excellent growth opportunities!
Company – A major player in the paper and packaging industry!
- This is a growing 30 plant organization with over 4,000 team members.
- This plant has 300 staff members and is currently going through a $100 million expansion.
- This is a 3rd generation, privately held company.
- Outstanding culture focused on safety and the growth of the individual.
Benefits and Features – They truly VALUE and APPRECIATE their employees!
- EXCELLENT Benefits and Compensation Plan with 4% Employer match on 401K, Health, Vision, Dental, Employee Assistance Program, and Life and Disability Insurances.
- Discretionary bonuses averaging 4% to 6% since 2008.
- UNIQUE BENEFITS include 2 free medical clinics available to all staff and their families, 25-year club for employees, health club membership discount, parties, and cookouts.
- Work/Life Balance – when you take a vacation, you get to take a REAL vacation and not a working vacation where you are tethered to your laptop and email. Your team has your back!
- Culture of continuous improvement where team members have a voice and good ideas are appreciated from all levels of the organization.
- It is a business casual workplace where you are not micromanaged.
- Very high retention of professional staff.
What you will be doing:
- As Quality Manager you will lead a team of up to 18 employees, including: Quality Technicians on each of 3 shifts, a Quality Engineer, Quality Analyst, and a Support Technician. You will report to the Technical Director.
- Your time will be split between managing your staff and addressing quality issues.
- Work with engineering teams to understand customer requirements and then establish quality standards to ensure they are being met.
- Lead problem solving initiatives using root cause analysis and corrective action to resolve quality issues.
- Lead training on quality standards and expectations.
- Lead internal quality audits to identify ways of improving quality, efficiency, and safety.
- Occasional travel to other plants or customers may be needed.
What they are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree, in quality, paper science or engineering.
- 5+ years of leadership experience, directing the activities of direct reports.
- Experience in the paper, packaging, film, label, or paper converting.
- They want a solid work history and not any job hoppers.
- Technically astute with good problem-solving, statistical, root cause analysis, continuous improvement skills.
- Good customer skills and the ability to interact with other team members at all levels.
- Knowledge of quality standards, ISO 9001 is helpful.
- Good communication and computer skills.