One of our Manufacturing companies is looking for a very detailed-oriented Quality Manager for their Pulaski, VA location. This role will make sure all manufactured products meet or exceed ARP Quality requirements and customers’ expectations. This Quality Leader will manage and direct the quality department, reinforce and adhere to established company quality standards and specifications by validating quality through the production process and supervise activities related to inspection, lab testing, auditing, and process control. Overseeing validation of new product, qualifications on plant equipment, inspection, laboratory testing, statistical process control, and corrective action with a mindset of continuous improvement is also a critical part of this role.Key Responsibilities:
- Representative to the customer on quality and product performance matters at the plant level.
- Collaborate with corporate groups to drive product improvements.
- Serve as both the plant and corporate Quality function.
- Serve as primary contact with customers in the event of customer complaints, lead internal investigation and implement corrective and preventative actions. Drive resolution.
- Design, implement and direct the Quality Assurance program for the plant, including but not limited to plant management responsibilities and document and data control.
- Establish, monitor, and maintain statistical process control (SPC) programs.
- Ensure all testing requirements are met per quality standards.
- Coordinate internal quality audits.
- Manage team of direct reports and is responsible for employee selection, development, mentoring and performance management.
- Inspect incoming purchased or customer-supplied materials, work-in-process materials and rework materials.
- Continuing education and professional development such as Six Sigma or involvement in professional societies.
- Professional accreditation in Quality Engineering and Systems preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Quality, Mathematics or Engineering.
- Advanced, mastery level knowledge of SPC methodologies, process capability and designed experiment procedures is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of quality management systems, food safety programs, Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), HACCP, and GMT standards is required.
- Experience in designing and implementing advanced Quality Management Systems is preferred.
- 7 years of quality management experience in manufacturing, preferably in plastic packaging.
- Must have a self-starting/ self-motivated personality, and able to work independently.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, Statistical Analysis, Process/Product Control, and Designed experimentation software tools are a must.