Apply for the Controller position
Controller – Portland, ME
$110k – $145k
A growing experienced designer and manufacturer of turnkey automated assembly and test systems is looking for a Controller within a manufacturing background. They create reliable, innovative products and services from concept to design through manufacturing. The Controller plays an active role in the development and vetting of capital projects. Serving as a key point of contact for external auditors; managing preparation, supporting all external audits, managing all financial and risk management functions. Implementing policies, procedures and processes is a major function of this role. Having experience in “Project-Based” cost accounting and controlling is a must. This person will have a mindset for continuous improvement accompanied by critical-thinking skills, and problem sensitivity.Job Responsibilities:
- Assess the financial performance of the organization regarding long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts. Provide insight and recommendations for both short-term and long-term growth plans of the organization.
- Prepare yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors, banking institutions, and tax consultants, as required.
- Ensure appropriate systems and controls are in place to safeguard company assets and provide accurate information.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Supervise software implementation, creation of reports, and tools for forecasting and budgeting.
- Accountable for plant-level responsibilities including general accounting, payables, order entry, billing, cost accounting, bill of materials, business analysis, and financial reporting.
- Review and ensure the application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Works with Sales, Procurement and Operations to forecast production and raw material consumption and other data in support of monthly, quarterly, annual, and long-term financial forecasts.
- Control company costs and develop tactical initiatives to increase overall efficiencies.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Assures adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies (GAAP) and resolves questions of internal controls with an independent audit firm.
- Oversee cash, investments, foreign currency exchange and asset management.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, review and recommend large payables, checks, large wires and ACHs transactions.
- Oversee the timely and accurate execution of the bi-weekly company payroll process.
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process.
- Standing member of the ESOP Plan Administration Committee.
- Prepare data for Third Party Administrators and annual company valuation.
- Fully capable of operating in a fast-paced environment with an ability to handle pressure well and prioritize time.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business.
- GAAP knowledge and understanding of, percentage completion and completed contract accounting.
- One who has managed a team of no less than (3) individuals in financial and accounting.
- Systems implementation experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience in “Project-Based” cost accounting and controlling is a must.
- 5 years experience as a Controller, with a company of $50MM on more in annual sales.
- 5 years of total accounting or finance experience.
- Background coordinating with I.T. staff to manage and/or upgrade the accounting system.