Apply for the Controller position
Are you a financial expert with a passion for project-based cost accounting and a desire to take your career to new heights? Look no further! As a Controller for a growing and experienced manufacturer of automated systems located in Portland, ME, you’ll have the opportunity to lead the company’s financial growth and play a crucial role in the development and vetting of capital projects while managing all financial and risk management functions.
With the potential to advance to a CFO-level role and the ability to work on projects that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion, this exciting and growing ESOP-owned company is the perfect place for you to showcase your skills and make a real impact on the company’s success.
As the Controller, you’ll have the opportunity to assess the financial performance of the organization regarding long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts and provide insight and recommendations for both short-term and long-term growth plans. You’ll also be responsible for preparing yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion, selecting and engaging consultants, auditors, banking institutions, and tax consultants, as required.
You’ll need to have experience in “Project-Based” cost accounting ideally in a manufacturing environment and be able to implement policies, procedures and processes. Additionally, you’ll have experience in supervising software implementation, creating reports, and tools for forecasting and budgeting.
You’ll also have a mindset for continuous improvement accompanied by critical-thinking skills, and problem sensitivity.
- Ensure appropriate systems and controls are in place to safeguard company assets and provide accurate information.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Accountable for plant-level responsibilities including general accounting, payables, order entry, billing, cost accounting, bill of materials, business analysis, and financial reporting.
- Works with Sales, Procurement and Operations to forecast production and raw material consumption and other data in support of monthly, quarterly, annual, and long-term financial forecasts.
- Control company costs and develop tactical initiatives to increase overall efficiencies.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Assures adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies (GAAP) and resolves questions of internal controls with an independent audit firm.
- Oversee cash, investments, foreign currency exchange and asset management.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business, GAAP knowledge and understanding of, percentage completion and completed contract accounting. You’ll have managed a team of individuals in financial and accounting, systems implementation experience is strongly preferred.
You’ll need at least 5 years of experience as a Controller, with a company of $50MM on more in annual sales and 5 years of total accounting or finance experience. You’ll have a background in coordinating with I.T. staff to manage and upgrade the accounting system.
As a Controller, you’ll be compensated with a salary range of $110k – $145k (depending on experience), plus bonus, ESOP equity ownership and a great overall package. You’ll also be a standing member of the ESOP Plan Administration Committee.
This position is located in Portland, Maine, a picturesque coastal city with a rich history and vibrant cultural scene. The city boasts a thriving food and craft beer scene with many local breweries and seafood restaurants. Living in Portland also provides easy access to outdoor activities such as hiking and skiing in the nearby White Mountains, and boating and swimming in Casco Bay.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now and be part of something bigger!