Solid manufacturing client of ours is in need of a Maintenance Manager.
Summary: The Maintenance Manager leads, directs and coordinates activities of maintenance mechanics engaged in repair, maintenance, installation of machines, tools, and industrial manufacturing equipment. This role is also responsible for providing leadership, ensuring safe work practices and developing/approving procedures to maximize efficiency associated with industrial maintenance processes and personnel
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage industrial maintenance team across three (3) shifts.
- Lead maintenance planning team to ensure proper scheduling of maintenance work, effective utilization of maintenance man-hours, minimization of work order backlog, and PM compliance.
- Monitors operation of plant equipment and systems to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in timely manner.
- Serve as the technical resource to maintenance and operations regarding engineering solutions, equipment improvements, and emergency repairs.
- Fiscal responsibility for maintenance budget, including maintenance administration, maintenance parts, and outside services for maintenance repairs.
- Develop and promote systems and culture that strive for word class maintenance, including preventative and predictive maintenance, lean manufacturing, 5S, and equipment reliability.
- Responsible for coordinating contractor work on site as it pertains to production equipment and facility repairs.
- Manage and review standard operating procedures and work instructions as they pertain to maintenance.
- Plan and write capital expenditure requests for maintenance-based projects.
- Act as maintenance point person for management of change approval on new and modified equipment.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory affairs, FDA, OSHA, SQF mechanical integrity and process hazards analysis (PHA).
- Ensure all Safety programs and procedures are followed, accepted and endorsed by the entire department.
- Optimize the computerized maintenance management system to be used as a maintenance improvement tool; evaluate equipment histories, modify and improve preventive maintenance system, track and assess key maintenance metrics.
- Interface and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure efficient working relationship.
- Promote a culture of safety, quality, and environmental stewardship.
- Uphold and maintain organizational values and standards.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Analytical – Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics; Capability to solve complex problems, utilizing strong critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; Display highest ethical standards.
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to assemble resources needed to orchestrate multiple projects/activities and accomplish goals.
- Model a collaborative leadership style with the ability to build partnerships and influence others into action.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and consultative approach; tactful in dealing with people at all levels.
- Strong sense of urgency, self-motivated and positive.
- Ability to actively lead change initiatives. Take the initiative to ask for and offer help when needed.
- Maintain the utmost level of confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient in use of Microsoft Suite word processing software and ERP/MRP systems.
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports. Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and correcting employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.