Apply for the Operations Manager – multi-site position
We are excited to announce that we have been engaged to find a highly qualified Operations Manager of Parts & Service for an exceptional opportunity within a dynamic heavy equipment company where humility, hard work, and dedication are not just values but a way of life. Our client, a leader in this field, is seeking an Operations Leader with multi-site experience to steer their mission toward excellence. This is your opportunity to play a pivotal role in a company that values your skills and experience. If you’re a candidate with a background in heavy equipment and parts & service management, looking to make a significant impact and grow your career with a rapidly growing company, please read on and apply.
Job Purpose: As the Operations of Parts & Services Manager, you will play a pivotal role in our company’s success by overseeing and enhancing the performance of the departments.Responsibilities:
- Effective Operations Management:
- Turn around and optimize parts & service department operations
- Implement sound business practices and processes
- Manage parts forecasting and disposal plan
- Ensure regular parts inventories and cycle counts
- Standard Operating Procedures:
- Create and implement SOPs to obtain reportable data
- Inspect rental returns and manage rental damages
- Maintain service work orders and labor rates
- Oversee technician productivity and maintenance of service trucks
- Oversight and Support:
- Manage recruiting, staffing, pay scales, and training programs
- Build and nurture relationships with key personnel, OEM suppliers, and customers
- Develop strategies for a positive customer experience
- Collaborate on product support initiatives
- OEM Promotion and Maintenance:
- Ensure compliance with OEM dealer requirements
- Communicate and track OEM support issues and compliance
- Collaborate with Marketing team for growth plans
- Financial Accountability:
- Direct and support department operations for financial control
- Valuate equipment and service costs for profitability
- Develop and execute annual business plan
- Manage parts purchasing and sales activities
- Reduce operating costs and create sales strategy plans
- Objectively bill expenses to proper customers
- Bachelor’s degree or ten years related experience
- Minimum of 10 years management experience
- Minimum of 5 years Heavy Equipment Industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to build high-performing teams
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business documents
- Ability to draft reports and business correspondence
- Ability to create and implement new policies and procedures
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Fluent with Microsoft Office suite of products
Candidate Profile: We are looking for candidates who are humble, hardworking, and have a background in heavy equipment and parts & service management. Experience in turnaround situations is beneficial, and hands-on experience is highly valued.
Culture: Our company values humility, hard work, and dedication to the role. We prioritize cultural fit, relevant experience, and enthusiasm.
Location: Northern KY or Central Florida (Polk County)
Living and working in Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati provides a balanced lifestyle with a strong job market, affordable living costs, excellent healthcare, education, cultural offerings, and outdoor activities. It’s a fantastic place to call home, offering a diverse range of opportunities and a high quality of life.
Base is flexible around the $200k range plus bonus and is based upon your skills and experience. Strong benefits package including a 401(k) plan, vacation and healthcare benefits.
If you believe this opportunity aligns with your experience and career goals, we invite you to take the next step and apply today.