Our client is growing, and they need to add a Project Engineer to their staff. They are in a small city in Michigan’s UP and they manufacture equipment for electrical distribution. The client wants someone who desires to live in a rural Midwest community and put down roots. This is an excellent organization. You will report to the Engineering Manager.
What you will be doing:
- You will be responsible for providing technical guidance to engineering, design, project management, and manufacturing teams.
- You will interface with customers and work with a Project Manager to ensure the projects comply with customer specifications
- Review of Mechanical Drawings for quality and compliance with requirements.
- Coordinate project requirements with CAD Designer and Technician
- Resolve technical issues in manufacturing
- Create Wire Diagrams and House Wire Schematics
- Review projects for NEC code compliance, as required.
- Customer visits (travel approximately 10% of the time)
What they are looking for
- B.S. Engineering and 3+ years of experience working with electrical products, preferably utility or power distribution equipment
- Basic understanding of AC and DC circuits
- Skill at reading schematics and wiring diagrams
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Health insurance, 90% company paid
- 401K with 3% match
- Profit sharing
- Life Insurance
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Assistance with relocation if needed