- Business Unit Manager
- Continuous Improvement Leader
- Director of Manufacturing
- Director of Operations
- Director of Quality
- General Manager
- Manufacturing Manager
- National Accounts Manager
- National Sales Manager
- Operations Manager
- Plant Manager
- Quality Manager
- VP Finance
- VP Human Resources
- VP of Business Development
- VP of Manufacturing
- VP of Marketing
- VP of Product Management
- VP of Project Management
- VP of Sales
- VP Operations
- VP Quality
The successful candidate should be a well-rounded individual possessing the requisite functional skills while being a hands-on leader to execute manufacturing and operational strategies supporting new and existing relationships with the Company’s customers, partners and internal business units. The COO will report to the President and work with the executive team, to set direction and develop an execution plan to scale the Company in alignment with the Company’s strategic and operational plans.
As a senior member of our leadership team, you will, among other things, be responsible for manufacturing operations from start to finish, company industrialization and expansion, capital projects, product and process engineering, project management, operational and quality standards across current/future factories and assist with the management of our global supply chain, while maintaining the safety practices of the organization. This challenge will require a significant sense of initiative and self-direction, from planning to implementation, and a passion to create homes that improve the quality of living for people and the planet.
- Build, lead, and mentor a diverse team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to respond to a growing market demand.
- Develop and build a best-in-class supply chain that affords the Company’s time and cost advantages in manufacturing.
- Oversee the negotiation and maintenance of vendor and supplier agreements and contracts that define quality, delivery schedules, pricing, and other terms and conditions.
- In conjunction with local leadership, develop and implement a robust operational excellence system at all current and future facilities that includes standard operating procedures and operational metrics (KPIs) to drive down material waste and increase labor productivity.
- Develop and implement factory industrialization standards, as well as factory design and capital equipment selection and implementation.
- Implement a world-class safety and quality program, including the development of standards that exceed client expectations.
- Implement project management processes to drive efficiency in business process from contract inception through product delivery.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and industry regulations including environmental health and safety and technical compliance.
- Maintain a work environment and develop staff to act with a focus on the future, is adaptable, overcomes resistance to change and executes with a sense of urgency to be successful today and within the anticipated future business climate.
- Work closely with other company functions to ensure alignment between revenue and business development goals and manufacturing capacity. Ensure efficient and efficient communication within all levels of the organization.
- Mandatory 5-10 years’ experience in a leadership role manufacturing configurable building products and high-mix manufacturing environment with building product or related product platform and/or mechanical, electrical and plumbing integration into building structures.
- Experience building and leading multi-plant operations is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience managing both manufacturing associates and highly technical / engineering personnel.
- Demonstrated experience with new product launches, and fast paced product transitions, preferably in an early stage, venture backed environment.
- Detail oriented and have a deep passion and focus for implementing and leading a business by KPI’s, critical metrics, schedules, organizational charters, and processes.
- Successful experience executing on early-stage business plans that bring to bear technology to drive the most significant revenue and profit based on various sector opportunities.
- Previous experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (SAP, Oracle based, etc.) and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
- Demonstrated track record implementing best practices (such as Lean, Six Sigma, Robust Engineering, etc.) and performance measure metrics.
- Experience rapidly scaling a team and organization to support a company’s growing commercial success.
- Strong diplomatic and negotiation skills are important.