- Operations RecruitersDirector of Manufacturing
This position has overall responsibility for all aspects of manufacturing operations including materials, purchasing, assembly operations, manufacturing engineering and shipping/receiving. Position has cost of goods responsibility within specified guidelines. This is the most senior position in the manufacturing operation. In addition, this position has responsibility for LEAN manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership and direction for all aspects of operations.
- Lead, structure, and plan the management of the overall manufacturing operation to achieve company goals for product quality, on-time delivery, effective inventory management and manufacturing profit and productivity.
- Responsible for planning and executing Annual Operating Plans and overall responsibility for achieving Manufacturing Profit targets.
- Lead implementation of comprehensive and sustained LEAN manufacturing and training of personnel.
- Improve manufacturing and material management processes through use of LEAN manufacturing principles and productivity measurements.
- Develop and implement effective supply-chain management practices to reduce overall costs, improve product quality and assure stable sources of supply.
- Drive follow-on improvements to the ERP system functionality in order to facilitate better decision making and efficiency.
- Support global sourcing efforts to find further supplier cost reduction opportunities while maintaining product quality.
- Effectively manage, train, and motivate all direct and indirect subordinates, as a team, to maximize the overall productivity of operations..
- Lead effective efforts to restructure/eliminate ergonomically adverse manufacturing procedures.
- Manage preventive maintenance program for equipment and tooling in support of process and product excellence.
- Drive safety throughout Operations and identify preventive plans to prevent accidents.
- 10+ years of overall work experience with 5+ years leading a team
- Must have experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally focused on development and implementation of continuous improvement strategies, yielding improvements on the throughput, quality, and productivity
- Working knowledge of 6 Sigma, Lean, Process Documentation, ISO Certification and how to make quality principles a part of the daily process
- Previous experience implementing automation and robotics with an ROI mentality
- Managed a team of 30 or more employees that is focused on continuous improvement, retention and development of talent, and an overall positive, team first culture
- Experience with capital improvement initiatives to include specifications, sourcing, process development, and implementation
- Strong technical knowledge (WMS, TMS, LMS, MRP, API’s) with examples of implementing systems to improve overall operations
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to direct as well as perform in-depth analysis
- Performed annual budgeting processes within a Manufacturing environment
- Ability to work hands on one minute and be strategic the next