- Operations RecruitersBusiness Unit Manager
- Business Unit Manager
- Continuous Improvement Leader
- Director of Manufacturing
- Director of Operations
- Director of Quality
- General Manager
- Manufacturing Manager
- National Accounts Manager
- National Sales Manager
- Operations Manager
- Plant Manager
- Quality Manager
- VP Finance
- VP Human Resources
- VP of Business Development
- VP of Manufacturing
- VP of Marketing
- VP of Product Management
- VP of Project Management
- VP of Sales
- VP Operations
- VP Quality
This position is responsible for providing a safe work environment, meeting customer requirements, managing production, quality, manufacturing engineering, and production/material control.
Additional responsibilities include creation and delivery of capacity, capital, and financial plans, creating an environment of continuous improvement through the Lean Manufacturing principles, development of employee skills, succession planning, and communication of organization direction and alignment of the workforce to goals.
- Lead and guide the business team in the pursuit of profitable new business and maintain clear focus and priorities in the product team.
- Focus on value creation – value based pricing and identifying profitable new business opportunities.
- Develop annual and long term business plans for the business unit.
- Develop sales and marketing plan to drive new business to meet business unit goals.
- Oversight of the sales force as necessary to support business growth and customer retention.
- Work closely with sales and the total organization regarding business targets and actions including customer meetings and sales calls.
- Oversight and involvement in the cost estimation process to ensure cost accuracy and appropriate pricing.
- Prioritization and coordination of engineering activities in support of the business unit goals.
- Develop strong linkage with operations to ensure cost goals are met, customer needs are prioritized, and quality issues are resolved.
- Drive and grow a team through coaching and mentorship, focus on the people.
- Prepare and present business unit results; tell the story of the business unit as an owner would.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- BS degree in Engineering or Business. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in functions ranging from sales, operations, finance, or engineering, preferably from a manufacturing background.
- Prior leadership experience is a plus.
- Proactive, positive and customer focused attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and energetic mindset; strong critical thinking, problem solving abilities. Well organized and driven.
- Action oriented with an ownership mindset required.
- Advanced Excel / analytical skills required, must be able to synthesize data by asking the right questions and analyzing to guide actions.