- Operations RecruitersVP Operations
- Business Unit Manager
- Continuous Improvement Leader
- Director of Manufacturing
- Director of Operations
- Director of Quality
- General Manager
- Manufacturing Manager
- National Accounts Manager
- National Sales Manager
- Operations Manager
- Plant Manager
- Quality Manager
- VP Finance
- VP Human Resources
- VP of Business Development
- VP of Manufacturing
- VP of Marketing
- VP of Product Management
- VP of Project Management
- VP of Sales
- VP Operations
- VP Quality
The VP of Operations is responsible for leading the day to day manufacturing operations of the business. The VP Operations provides leadership for production, planning and scheduling, materials management and procurement and facilities. This position is part of the company senior leadership team.
- Accountable for achieving the financial objectives of the business as it relates to production operations
- Driving a robust continuous improvement and cost reduction program for the enterprise
- Actively participate in the strategic direction setting process for the business including supporting both low-cost manufacturing and new business activities
- Ensure efficient procurement processes and plans are in place and being followed. Optimize inventory management and ensure the business is effectively minimizing on-hand material while ensuring customer commitments are achieved
- Develop department operating, manpower and capital budgets consistent with short-term needs and longer-term goals.
- Develop and execute process improvements that ensure the business maintains a high level of production technology and capability to meet current and future industry needs
- The VP of Operations is the champion of productivity from the shop floor. This function must enlist all necessary company resources to effectively implement the various strategies (e.g., lean, 6 sigma) to improve manufacturing performance.
- Ensure Configuration Management is an organizational priority in support of inventory control as well as asset management.
- This job description is not all inclusive of all duties. Other duties may be assigned.
- Degree (B.S. or B.A.) required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Excellent people and communication skills required.
- 15 plus years in leading complex operations.
- Interpersonal skills and a high degree of honesty/integrity are essential for this job function.
- The ability to analyze data and to adjust based on experience is a requirement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.