- Operations RecruitersOperations Manager
Reporting to the VP, Operations, this individual will be a key member of the manufacturing management team, working closely with safety, engineering, quality and customers to ensure business goals are met. This role will be a significant contributor and decision maker as we strive to drive growth in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment.
The Operations Manager position will be responsible for planning and organizing manufacturing activities for the Business Unit. This role will manage a team of production leaders, assemblers and inspectors, provide coaching and mentoring, assist with problem solving, manage capital budgets, drive operational efficiency focused on reducing waste and improving productivity, while driving execution focused on achieving KPI’s and customer service.
- Ensure day-to-day safety, quality and manufacturing goals are obtained for the Production lines
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the assembly area
- Proactively prevent injuries to personnel, damage to the facility, and environmental non-compliances and releases. Instill a team focus that promotes individual ownership and care and concern for others
- Plan, implement, control, review, adjust, and communicate production schedules in order to efficiently and effectively use available resources to meet customer demand while maintaining cost, quality, and schedule. Demonstrate effective project management skills
- Develop, implement, and improve systems to maximize production outcomes with the assurance that products meet customer specifications
- Proactively seek opportunities to reduce costs and gain operational productivity, participate in process troubleshooting, development and optimization of new equipment and product lines, development and implementation of process control schemes and resolution of environmental issues
- Apply technical, engineering, personnel experience knowledge to problem-solving and process design
- Provide leadership in the investigation of problems and implementation of appropriate corrective actions
- Presents operation reports to senior management.
- Ensures ongoing improvements are attained for product quality and overall business unit growth, and investigates and resolves causes of inefficiencies and manufacturing variances.
- Provide input to assist with the strategic direction of the plant regarding long-term planning involving operating and capital budgets as well as departmental goals and objectives
- Provide leadership to plant support personnel including reliability, process controls, and process improvement with the objective of improving all plant processes
- Coach and develop your team to improve their performance, how they work together, and succession planning
- Provide leadership and oversight of technology transfers and start-up of new product lines in support of products transitioning from Design and Development into production, experience with process validation and product validation and design for manufacturing preferred
- Assists in the selection of, as well as develops and maintains qualified personnel within the manufacturing assembly department, both supervision and front-line staff
- Continue to build a culture of trust and involvement within the department through positive relations and communication while maintaining discipline and morale with advice from the HR department and leadership team
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, operations or science preferred or equivalent experience in related fields. Manufacturing background is a big plus, and highly preferred.
- Five or more years of managerial experience within a manufacturing business, cross-functional team management preferred
- Demonstrate success in managing people and leading multiple teams and/or departments in manufacturing
- Have strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use Excel and other related computer programs proficient and have data mining and presentation skills
- Demonstrate success in achieving results along with experience in Operational Excellence
- Possess business and financial acumen as well as fundamental management principles
- A six sigma background with lean manufacturing experience (Preferred)
- Experience in plant layouts, high-volume production start-ups and turnkey operations (Preferred)