- Operations RecruitersVP of Marketing
We are looking for an experienced Vice President (VP) of Marketing to direct and oversee the Marketing department. You will design, implement and monitor effective marketing strategies that align with our business goals.
Our ideal candidate has a solid Marketing background and work experience managing a variety of promotional projects end-to-end, including paid advertising campaigns and digital marketing techniques. The VP of Marketing will report directly to the SVP and will oversee internal Marketing teams. To be successful in this role, you should be highly professional. You should also play a significant role shaping the company’s strategic planning.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure that the Marketing department’s activities contribute to our company’s long-term success.
- Lead a staff of direct reports managing each division’s global communications, as well as several subject-matter experts (e.g.: digital communications, website management and document data basing). In addition, coordinate non-direct staff supporting regional and corporate-level projects.
- Provide effective leadership and coaching to your staff, while also functioning as a “working leader”, actively participating in message development. Collaborate with commercial leaders, functional leaders, and corporate leaders throughout the organization.
- Engage with team members to create meaningful annual goals, based on the business’ long-term plan.
- Manage a range of third-party contractors, consultants, and media outlets to accomplish annual goals within the negotiated budget. Continuously adapt outside contracts to adapt to new technologies and bring functions internal as needed.
- Negotiate an annual budget for global, regional, and divisional spending, based on stakeholder requests supporting commercial plans, product launches, and brand support.
- Compose and distribute company-wide internal communications.
- Provide occasional support for parent company messaging, including websites, investor communications, social media, culture/identity development, company intranet, recognition prizes, and special-topic communications.
- Identify new messaging opportunities and technologies to increase employee morale, customer satisfaction, and brand awareness.
- Using a strategic knowledge of our markets, businesses, and technologies, create, edit, and/or approve commercial communications to assure the intended audience is engaged with clear, concise, effective messaging, created from the customers’ point of view.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s degree preferred
- 15+ combined years in marketing and field sales experience related to wholesales sales or consumer packaged goods.
- 10+ years managing teams
- Highly organized and experienced in managing multiple, cross-functional, large-scale projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization and present comfortably to leadership
- Experience with setting research plans and translating data into strategic recommendations to aid in decision making
- Excellent strategic problem solving and analytical skills
- Superior verbal and written communicator
- A proven track record delivering significant business growth through performance marketing
- Ability to balance customer-centric, bottom-line, and team-oriented marketing strategies
- Deep understanding of Google Analytics, digital advertising techniques, and social media platforms
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Google Suite (Slides, Sheets, Docs)
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, etc.