- Operations RecruitersVP Human Resources
The VP, Human Resources role is an exciting opportunity to lead the Global Human Resources organization of a company that differentiates through innovation and technology. The VP of Human Resources is responsible for collaborating with the President and Senior Leadership to develop the strategic direction of human resources and ensures all initiatives are aligned with the business goals. This role has overall responsibility for leading and managing talent selection, performance management, organizational and management development, employee relations, compensation and benefits, policy development and legal compliance.
This role will serve as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team and reports to the President of the business.
- Provide leadership and expertise for the full scope of the HR client support for a major division of the company
- Partner with the business leader(s) to develop and execute both long-term and short-term HR strategies that directly support and enable business objectives
- Partner with business leaders to develop and embed progressive HR strategies and processes. Leverage change acceleration techniques to assist in driving broad changes needed to best support the business
- Provide timely, effective and direct coaching to business leaders, assisting in the development of strong, inclusive leadership skills
- Provide strategic coaching to key talent in extended client group as it pertains to succession planning, career path development, and performance management
- Lead succession planning and talent development strategies for the organization, identifying critical roles and preparing potential talent and pipelines, mentoring, training, etc.
- With the support of talent acquisition team and other business resources, develop and drive strategies to attract, develop, engage, and retain strong and diverse talent
- Provide overall leadership to the HR team, delivering appropriate coaching, mentoring and development opportunities (including exposure to HR Business Partner skills and experiences), communicating proactively, and ensuring HR team engagement & retention
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in a related area. Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 10 years prior professional work experience with demonstrated achievement and leadership of HR in a manufacturing environment.
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
- Demonstrated experience in making strategic HR decisions, assessing leadership talent, and effectively interfacing with high-level business and operations leaders
- Ability to work in changing environments, see through complexity and strategically promote an inclusive/diverse workforce
- In-depth understanding of HR concepts and principles gained through formal education and substantial work experience
- Well developed (oral and written) communication and diplomacy skill set with the ability to influence others by presenting sound and logical arguments tailored to the audience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to assess situations make judgments based on practice or previous experience
- Capable of handling multiple issues and/or projects simultaneously and executing to completion
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding, high performance work environment
- Ability to energize and lead in complex, demanding, and goal-driven organizations