- Operations RecruitersVP Quality
The VP Quality will create and maintain a quality culture throughout the entire corporation. In addition, this position will develop and lead the business strategic quality plan in collaboration with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and other regional & business unit senior leaders. This role provides strategic decision-making, leadership, planning, and prioritization to meet business and quality/compliance objectives.
The VP Quality will focus on four primary areas influencing how the functional vision and implementation plans align with the core strategic vision and business objectives.
- Analyzes data to identify process improvement opportunities
- Documents improvement action plans for processes and projects assigning the responsibilities to the various teams
- Carries out project review meetings to ascertain progress
- Works on Client Quality requirements to identify adequate process controls
- Establishes Quality Assurance Plan for new projects
- Studies processes, documents the flow and identifies opportunities to automate, or eliminate steps leading to improved turn-around-time.
- Designs dashboards for reporting
- Coordinates with various internal teams to drive actions
- Carries out Root Cause Analysis of errors to prepare action plans
- Trains, mentors and guides other members in the team on various Quality concepts
- Maintains quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Implements and acts in accordance with the organization’s information security HR and corporate policies.
- Maintains quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Protects assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference.
Skills, Abilities, And Experience
- Demonstrated success in creating and maintaining a culture of quality in a large global organization
- Broad system, production, and supply chain experience that shows a proven track record of leading and managing quality & reliability requirements
- Knowledgeable and experienced in performing internal and external quality audits.
- Site liaison, coordinator, and lead for all current and future regulatory agencies.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in planning, coordinating, and leading QMS management reviews.
- Root cause / corrective action expertise
- Create and communicate an overall vision for quality within the company, setting goals and recommending organizational changes to achieve these goals.
- Communicate the company’s quality system to customers.
- Create an environment conducive to continuous quality improvement and implement systems to nurture quality excellence.
- Direct activities of company-wide quality staff and departmental activities to ensure product quality through test procedures and processes.
- Lead and facilitate Kaizen events that provide immediate improvement results.
- 15 years of experience in quality, reliability, supplier quality
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field or equivalent experience
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive, team-focused approach and proven leadership track record, including people development and project management.
- Experience and understanding of AS-9100 and IATF-16949 certification