- Operations RecruitersDirector of Operations
The Director of Operations directs manufacturing operations and related capital preservation and investments through a team of functional managers and supervisors. This position ensures Lean manufacturing activities run smoothly and levels of customer and employee satisfaction increase while improving the efficiency of manpower, materials and processes.
- Provide leadership through effective employee relations, including positive communications, coaching, training and development to support a positive culture within Operations.
- Direct daily manufacturing operation activities and coordinate with other departments as necessary to ensure good communication and alignment on key objectives such as manufacturing load, inventory control, turn ratios, quality and on time order execution to ensure a quality product is delivered on-time.
- Deployment and application of Lean Manufacturing principles to improve the cost, quality and delivery of manufactured products. Supervise and support operational changes to improve the manufacturability of new/existing products and ensure that products are produced to standard.
- In coordination with Supply Chain and the S&OP process, balance staffing and capacity to ensure the efficient execution of production schedules.
- Define, monitor and report on key operational metrics to drive continuous improvement and goal attainment.
- Evaluate financial results to measure operational progress towards company objectives. Maintain accurate product costing by assuring valid labor standards and burden application rates to drive accurate data and improve decision making.
- Identify, request and drive implementation of investments to improve and preserve capital assets including equipment, tooling and facilities.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy. Develop and execute on operational goals and strategies to support company objectives including initiatives geared towards operational excellence..
- Ensure compliance with Company policy to foster a safe working environment while ensuring compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulatory entities.
- Stay current with manufacturing best practices to keep our operational systems fresh and effective.
- Requires BA/BS in Business Administration, Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten or more years’ experience in Manufacturing Management.
- Experience in Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Technical skills in materials and inventory management, production scheduling and facilities management.
- Exceptional PC skills including Manufacturing software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- On-the-job training may be required.