- Supply Chain RecruitersDirector Global Sourcing
The Director of Global Sourcing will be engaged in improving operations through efforts in LEAN manufacturing and supply management. This organization is a global player and must find and maintain partnerships to control cost, quality, and availability. The Director Global Sourcing will report to the VP Operations and will be responsible for developing the global supply network.
- Establish and maintain reliable sources of supply to ensure timely procurement of all assigned goods, materials, and services. Implement and manage long term agreements which deliver best in class quality, delivery, and total cost.
- Evaluate existing sources for technical capability and progressiveness, manufacturing capability, quality system, management and financial stability, cost competitiveness and responsiveness.
- Research and evaluate alternate sources of supply. Communicate opportunities with cross functional teams and make recommendations for alternate suppliers, designs, and materials to reduce costs.
- Request and analyze quotations and bids. Promote the need to share cost break down analysis to aide negotiations of per unit cost, commanding best overall cost and commercial terms.
- Proactively coordinate the selection and qualification process. Influential in driving task completion to achieve aggressive timelines.
- Negotiate and manage complex business agreements and contracts, both domestic and international.
- Actively participate in new product development and manage the purchasing activities involved with initial phases of new product qualification and introduction.
- Initiate necessary correspondence or personal contact to improve terms, resolve disposition of rejected goods and rework costs, adjust invoice discrepancies, and rectify other related problems.
- Responsible for coaching and development of subordinates. Write performance reviews and handle all employee relations related issues.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Business, or related technical field.
- You have a minimum of 5-7 years of purchasing or related experience including proven capability using advanced procurement principles and supply chain management on a global basis.
- You have international sourcing/supply chain development experience.
- You have experience with commodity management, finished goods, and component sourcing. HUGE plus if you have indirect sourcing experience.
- You have a solid understanding of manufacturing processes and capabilities, materials, applications, and industry trends related to injection molding, metal processing, and electronics.
- You have experience managing people, and you enjoy being a manager.
- You are willing and able to travel up to 50% (domestically and internationally).