- Supply Chain RecruitersVice President of Procurement
The Vice President of Procurement is responsible for leading all procurement activities throughout the global organization with the mission of supporting the company’s business strategy by developing and managing a supply chain that enables a sustainable competitive advantage.
These Procurement activities include, but are not limited to, direct material procurement, indirect material & capital equipment procurement, services, trade compliance, sourcing & supplier management, analytics, and forecasting.
- VP of Procurement will be serving as an authority on developing and interpreting procurement guidelines, policies and procedures for a variety of procurement issues; And providing advice to officers, management officials and subordinate staff to guide them in the creation of procurement strategies.
- Review and manage procurement, including complex bid processes for conformance with regulatory requirements, corporate policies, and procurement practice, ensuring fair and open competition and best benefit to the Corporation in purchasing; Assisting management with assembling and maintaining high quality lists of potential bidders.
- Direct the full range of actions required for the contract administration phase (review and consent, post-award conferences with bidders, establishment of work schedule, track progress, negotiate new/changed requirements, contract modifications, exercise contract options, remedial action, settle claims, contract termination, and requests for payments).
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
- BA/BS in supply chain management, economics, finance, operations, engineering, business, accounting or manufacturing related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- MBA a plus. Professional certification in procurement, sourcing, supply chain is desirable. At least 15+ years related work experience.
- Ability to make strategic buying recommendations and take appropriate action.
- At least 5+ years’ strategic sourcing and indirect spend/logistics experience supporting a multi-state matrix organization.
- Proven record of initiating and carrying out cost reduction/productivity improvement programs.
- Working knowledge of finance and/or accounting in terms of budgeting, cost management, financial accounting, treasury, risk management, etc.
- Experience with a P&L business unit or division management. Experience with ERP & ERP implementation experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of contract administration/law.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Great attention to detail, and the ability to thrive in a team based corporate culture.
- Demonstrate strength working cross functionally to drive issue resolution.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications, listening and presentation skills.
- A progressive, proactive approach that is eager to embrace technology and modern management principles.
- Experience in dealing with manufacturers and distributors.
- Must possess the ability to ” “sell ” purchasing’s value and to run Purchasing as a services business like any other well-run professional services business.
- Excellent organization and time management skills to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in an environment with large volumes of data.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.