- Supply Chain RecruitersVP of Transportation
The VP of Transportation will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations for all inbound and outbound transportation. In addition, this role will be responsible for all freight and parcel transportation and carrier contract negotiation, implementation, and continuous improvement. This role will manage our transportation and shipping teams as well as the external partners including ground, ocean, and air providers.
- Coordinate effective use of carriers to meet both inbound and outbound capacity, service, and least cost objectives.
- Lead all pricing negotiations and contract management efforts.
- Provide analysis and strategic direction in relation to all shipping data including net pricing and all accessorial charges, driving efficiency and cost reduction.
- Create transportation capacity strategies and develop contingency plans to cost-effectively support varying levels of company sales and changes to supply/demand patterns.
- Establish and utilize Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that drive competitive costs and service.
- Analyze and assess industry and market dynamics on a regular basis to assess transportation cost and service trends.
- Build relationships and trust with cross functional partners.
- Ensure adherence to all governmental policies.
- Advise senior leadership on all aspects of transportation and logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Management or related field or equivalent experience in relevant field.
- 10–15 years of logistics experience, including 5+ years in upper management required.
- Experience in complex distribution networks and global supply chains.
- Capacity planning for workforce and deliverables to support sales and customer expectations.
- Expert knowledge of domestic and import logistics with a sense of urgency critical to on time delivery.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build, lead a team, provide direction to senior management.
- Posses negotiating, strategic, and tactical transportation, planning, warehousing and logistics, problem analysis, and creativity skills.
- Expertise in all MS suite applications with strong Excel skills.
- Time management skills, highly motivated in team and business success always.
- Experience in successfully implementing new and complex solutions for Transportation and Logistics.