- Supply Chain RecruitersVP of Materials Management
Provide leadership for the Corporate Materials team and in charge of managing corporate-wide materials planning and inventory control. Develop the next generation Vision for materials planning that supports the manufacturing platform. The position will lead inter-plant material flow design and implementation using LEAN principles and support intra-plant material flow projects where needed.
- Contribute to the review of current manufacturing footprint architecture; recommend changes to impact function and cost savings.
- Design MRP order controls and base configuration to support enterprise-wide ERP implementation.
- Assess overall materials performance, diagnose bottlenecks, and implement solutions to enable continuous flow.
- Improve upon existing Materials Standards & Practices, drive adoption to and compliance with the standards across manufacturing operations.
- Lead sales and operations process for the enterprise.
- Deploy industry standard (APICS) processes and methodologies across AW operations.
- Establish performance measurement categories and targets (Days On Hand, E&O Inventory, C&OT, etc…) in alignment with AW Vision and Manufacturing strategic direction.
- Provide data and interpreted information to senior management.
- Staff, lead and coach Materials professionals; evolve & adapt organizational structures as needed to maintain cadence with the business.
- Analyze industry standards with regards to Materials planning and flow management to make appropriate changes to improve AW operations.
- Participate in building of materials technical competencies across AW manufacturing locations.
- Serve as Corporate Supply Chain representative on various work and cross-functional teams as assigned by the VP, Supply Chain Services.
- Support efforts by all members of the team to continuously improve operations and company performances.
- Manages various Materials leaders. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to excel at the essential functions assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Materials management experience (15+ years) in an environment to include mass customization manufacturing, multi-level Bill of Material.
- Multi-plant Management is preferred, where focus is given on managing client / provider relationships between vertically integrated plants; JIT in a demand driven / continuous flow environment.
- MRP knowledge/experience.
- APICS Certified, with demonstrated application of the APICS Body of Knowledge within past work experience.
- Staff management experience, capable of encouraging and inspiring people to have a shared vision for materials excellence at all levels.
- Experience in developing an organization/mentoring employees to capitalize on their strengths and strengthen their weaknesses. The role will be responsible for building, developing, and training both corporate and plant-level materials team members.
- Team leadership / experience on cross functional projects.
- Systems knowledge – design / selection / implementation (Materials – MRP, Inventory Optimization; S&OP / Demand Planning; Purchasing; Inventory Tracking – Voice, bar codes, RFID, etc.).
- Oracle ERP implementation experience is a plus.
- LEAN Training with practical application and leadership experience.
- Read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public.
- Develop presentations to be delivered to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Apply advanced mathematical concepts like quadratic equations and basic logic functions such as if-then-else statements.
- Apply mathematical operations to such tasks as statistical math calculations, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred.