- Supply Chain RecruitersDirector of Materials Management
Are you an aggressive supply chain professional with global materials management experience? Are you a strong, communicative leader who can consolidate disparate materials groups into a powerful and cohesive team? This could be your next big challenge.
- Develop and implement systems to assure optimum inventory levels and on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements, while minimizing carrying costs and transportation charges.
- Develop and implement an E-procurement strategy including, but not limited to, on-line purchasing opportunities/auctions, development of bidding strategies and savings targets, and the creation of on-line inventory management systems.
- Provide innovation in contracting prices. Oversee the purchasing and/or contracting for materials, supplies, equipment, and services for the operation of the Company. Confer with requesting parties when specific sources are requested. Investigate and solve problems resulting from material shortages however caused.
- Perform root-cause analysis and implement viable, permanent solutions to materials related issues. Work with both internal and external customers to develop solutions which meet company-wide needs and objectives.
- Establish and maintain purchasing practices, contracts, assessments and policies to insure honest, fair, and ethical relationships with our vendors. Keep informed on legal matters that affect purchasing policies.
- Responsible for continuing programs of exploration for new materials, suppliers, and processes to achieve the best possible quality, reliability, prices, continuity, and delivery, while working with design and manufacturing teams to help reduce our warranty costs.
- Keep abreast of materials, markets and materials pricing trends that affect Company products.
- Provide direction for evaluating, implementing and maintaining systems to optimize the procurement and maintenance of all product materials.
- Develop policies and assure compliance in all aspects of export and import duties and tariffs, regulations, as well as Department of Transportation and other laws regarding the transportation of materials.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the most efficient and economical methods to transport raw materials and components utilized in all products at all locations.
- Responsible for the negotiations, contractual agreements and management of all transportation suppliers for products incoming and those being delivered to customers.
- Responsible for the supervision of all materials and traffic personnel.
- BS, MBA preferred.
- Progressive procurement experience with a track record of exceeding goals.
- 6+ years experience in materials management.
- Experience in total logistics systems management.
- Strong interpersonal skills including teamwork.
- Strong negotiating skills with knowledge of tactical and strategic purchasing.
- Wide breadth of commodity knowledge.
- Foreign language skills are a plus.
- Requires little supervision, handles routine matters on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 15% travel.
- Strong work ethic and attitude that will inspire others.