- Supply Chain RecruitersVP Distribution & Logistics
The VP Distribution & Logistics is a new position and will be responsible for management of logistics, warehousing and distribution of products coming into and distributed in North America. This person will manage domestic and international freight movements and warehousing, develop and execute all transportation and logistics, identify cost reducing initiatives for improvements in transportation, and optimize the distribution process.
- Overall responsibility for management of logistics, warehousing, and distribution of products coming into and distributed in North America.
- Manage domestic and international freight movements and warehousing of product in and distributing product from North American warehouses. Develop and execute all transportation and logistics
- Identify cost reducing initiatives for improvements in traffic management.
- Investigate competitive distribution services for transportation improvements and implement selected programs on time and on budget.
- Work with carriers to obtain POD, filing claims, expediting shipments, and meeting service standards.
- Develop the most logistic/cost efficient routings for shipments as requested. Work with providers to ensure compliance with these routings is met.
- Develop and manage business relationships with providers including monitoring negotiated contracts to ensure quality and service requirements are being achieved.
- Track the performance metrics, including on-time delivery and quality assurance ratings.
- Negotiate rates, services, and routings in a cost effect manner.
- Communicate to the appropriate individuals any improvements and changes to processes and promote a team environment.
- Provide feedback to the supply chain management team to properly package, label and deliver products to the appropriate customers.
- Generate and implement cost savings initiatives throughout the organization.
- Ensure that all rate tables are current and freight payables are up to date. Ensure all freight metrics are accurate and communicated on time.
- Manage and oversee customs clearance of global products.
- Oversee the scheduling and delivery of global containers.
- Develop and manage the transportation budget.
- BS (degree in logistics and a MBA or Masters Preferred).
- Sr Management experience, progressively increasing levels of responsibility.
- In-depth knowledge of distribution and logistics in a multi-site distribution management position, with expert knowledge of external trends and best practices.
- Demonstrated track record in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of an operation including improving supplier performance.
- Ability to successfully multitask
- Expert-level knowledge of operations, delivery schedules, routings, and freight negotiations.
- Have experience in managing multiple warehouse operations.
- Knowledgeable in international customs requirements and operations.
- Experience in managing a successful automated freight payment program.
- Proven track record of improving supplier performance and expenses.