- Supply Chain RecruitersMaterials Manager
Do you want to work for a great company? Are you looking for a job that lets you do what you were hired for? Do you like negotiating multi-year or large contracts? Do you have direct materials experience? Do you like direct contact with suppliers? This may be the job for you.
We are looking for a diplomatic, hands-on problem solver who can assist the team in delivering the highest quality products on time. We want to delight our customers with responsiveness and our attention to their needs. Our client is a privately owned, well-financed, very well managed industrial manufacturer. Facilities are state-of-the-art and pristine. The market is very good for our products and we want to grow both organically and through acquisition. The position of Materials Manager is key because we will not sacrifice quality for growth.
- Manage the materials function for multiple manufacturing facilities.
- Integrate the major supply chain elements.
- Significantly reduce manufactured cost basis through supply management and material planning and control.
- Work with team to engage appropriate controls and systems
- Contribute to the overall LEAN initiative.
- Evaluate supplier base. Establish metrics. Report performance. Improve.
- Evaluate “team”. Upgrade as necessary.
- Improve overall working capital performance through material planning and control.
- Improve customer service through production planning and control.
- Drive implementation and usage of appropriate software.
- BSME or equivalent MBA preferred.
- 10 years with a relevant (similar) industrial manufacturing business.
- 5 years as manager of supply chain functions (purchasing, materials, planning, etc)
- CPIM, CPM.
- Experience and competence in supply chain management tools and techniques.
– Supplier selection and certification
– Supplier performance metrics
– Total cost vs price
– Quality standards
– Supplier contracts and service agreements
– Supply base reduction
– Six sigma and Lean
– Kanban and Pull systems
– Sales and Operations Planning (SOP)
- Demonstrable success at reducing manufacturing cost through a full supply chain.