- Supply Chain RecruitersDirector Supply Chain
The Director of Supply Chain is responsible for the entire supply chain including Procurement, Materials, and Logistics. Commodity responsibilities include steel, hydraulic components, ductile castings, and aluminum castings.
This position requires a BS with an MBA preferred, and 10+ years experience in materials, procurement, and total logistics systems management in industrial manufacturing. We seek an individual with strong interpersonal skills, exceptional negotiating skills, and a work ethic and attitude that inspires others.
- Lead the consolidation of the two materials manufacturing groups.
- Quickly and convincingly establish the agenda for the consolidated materials group.
- Identify opportunities and lead the efforts to improve material costs.
- Consolidate the “spends” of the two companies.
- Explore new suppliers and systems of inventory management.
- Redesign or modify products, working closely with Engineering.
- Change material specs.
- Explore international sourcing.
- Work closely with other functional areas in obtaining ISO Certification.
- Subject matter expert on all procurement and materials management issues. Strategic, tactical, personnel, systems, initiatives, etc.
- Professionally and profitably manage the commodities that are central to the success of the company.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to develop, maintain and monitor a system to track vendor quality and on time delivery service.
- BS (MBA a plus).
- CPIM a plus.
- Ten plus years progressive materials experience in Industrial Manufacturing.
- Background with ISO 9000 (Company is not currently certified).
- Lean Manufacturing principles experience (Six Sigma or similar).
- International trade experience.
- Strong organizational skills (Consolidating two materials groups).
- Wide breadth of commodity knowledge.
- Leadership skills and hands on approach.
- Understanding of commodities markets, trends, foreign exchange, supplier issues, etc.
- Strong understanding of business systems.
- Experience implementing new MRP / ERP system.
- High standards and ethics.