- Supply Chain RecruitersTransportation Manager
The Transportation Manager is an integral member of the Logistics Teams and is responsible for directing the day-to-day execution of transportation functions for the company. This role will also have responsibility for ensuring the monthly financial performance is met and variances identified and addressed. In addition, the selected individual will lead compliance to all existing processes, continuous improvement opportunities, and alignment with Manufacturing, Sourcing, and Materials to ensure transportation needs are met and improved on.
- Lead Dispatching Team to achieve Cost Reduction and Improved Service Levels to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for all dispatching execution.
- Experience with Transportation Technology, especially TMS Tools.
- Participate in procurement strategies for all Transportation categories.
- Monitor and control the performance of external Carriers and the impact to cost using Contractual Relationships.
- Drive the necessary improvements that impact the productivity of transportation spending categories.
- Promote the best practices of Transportation in the different businesses of the company.
- Enforce internal and external policies.
- Administer/manage supplier contracts and continuous supplier performance.
- Follow up the price variation and control the savings.
- Identify category and vendor cost savings opportunities with a Network View.
- Develop sourcing strategies utilizing marketplace competition, user demand management, and vendor consolidation.
- Work with internal customers/vendors to support strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Negotiate vendor agreements and contracts in partnership with stakeholders.
- Draft, review, and revise contract documents in accordance with legal guidelines.
- Monitor major vendor performance with business unit relationship owners.
- Develop, implement and improve strategic transportation processes and tools.
- Deliver and Report Sustainable Cost Reduction and Cost Avoidance Achievements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation, Supply Chain, Engineering or a similar field and 8+ years of supply chain experience, specifically in a transportation role with targeted work managing contract manufacturers.
- Experience working with Global and Domestic Transportation Partners and systems.
- Leadership across multiple functions as well as multiple facilities.
- Experience using Lean Methodology processes in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Database management, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Coaching, mentoring and/or leadership experience is a plus.
- Good organization, project management and follow-through skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and act in a proactive manner.
- ERP and Microsoft Excel experience.