- Supply Chain RecruitersSupply Chain Manager
The Manager of Supply Chain is responsible for managing and organizing all activities related to the products and goods that the business maintains and supplies to its customers. The role begins with identifying resources and materials and ends with the purchase of goods by customers; it includes steps such as acquisition of the product, production, and distribution.
This position must effectively work to find the best prices for their goods, inventory and monitor purchasing. They must ensure that needed materials are always in stock, and that the supply available will meet customer demand without having more product than is needed tying up storage space. The overall goal is to reduce costs and increase efficiency throughout the supply chain process while ensuring that quality, safety, and customer satisfaction is not negatively affected.
- Develop and effectively execute all processes and strategies related to the procurement of inventory and non-inventory items and parts and services, ensuring timely delivery, high quality, and cost-effective pricing to meet customer commitments.
- Direct all activities related to effectively and efficiently managing inventory turns, purchase price variance and the SIOP process in order to meet customer demand while achieving working capital targets.
- Oversee all purchasing activities including products, materials, supplies, capital equipment and contract services. Develop processes within operations to standardize production planning to optimize production cost and ensure delivery of finished products per customer requirements.
- Oversee the process used in supply chain management to respond in a timely fashion to requests for quotes and proposals.
- Responsible for achieving year-over-year savings and attainment of established metrics. Actively manage and monitor supply chain performance, spend data, and other internal metrics to identify improvement opportunities to create sustainable outcomes and solutions across the business.
- Drive the implementation of integrated Supply Chain solutions from customer order to delivery. Continuously generate and execute improvement opportunities of the supply chain process to enhance quality, reliability and cost savings.
- Manage supplier relationships, development and supplier process capability assessments. Ensure relationships with suppliers enable the business to gain access to newly developed raw material sources.
- Ensure that the company and related departments are consistently focused on managing relations with vendors, communicating requirements such as quantity, delivery times, and quality.
- Closely align with the Planning Team and drive strategies to increase inventory turns and deliver materials to manufacturing.
- Identifies gaps in processes related to supply chain; Conducts root cause analysis and identifies strategies to fill the gaps. Implements identified processes to closure.
- Gather inputs on prices of different raw materials from primary and secondary sources. Supports identification of opportunities for outsourcing and cost reduction.
- Adhere to import, export, and excise regulation as per compliance.
- Develop and direct all activities regarding expediting efforts for the delivery of materials, supplies and services to assure that the needs of the company are fulfilled.
- Resolve escalated issues with vendors and Supply Chain management.
- Oversee analysis of supply chain effectiveness, vendor risk, and vendor performance and implement guidelines on effective vendor management.
- Lead teams with a managerial style that is collaborative, inclusive and balanced in approach to achieve commitments.
- Continuously seeks to improve the quality and effectiveness of the global supply chain organization through the effective assessment and selection of key talent.
- Establish and nurture effective supplier relationships, including the proactive communication of company priorities and evolving product needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum 10 years of years of demonstrated experience in the Manufacturing Industry in addition to 7 years of progressive people management / supervisory experience in Supply Chain.
- Experience in all aspects of materials management systems, procurement and supplier development.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing or Six Sigma required.
- High degree of professionalism to include strong diplomacy, tact and the ability to ensure the security of highly confidential information.
- A leader with the ability to inspire and develop people, and motivate a high performing team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate and engage at all levels of the organization.
- Respect individual differences and utilizes the diverse thinking and contributions of all. Works across organizational boundaries, encourages teamwork and a sense of partnership.
- Effective change leader; balances consistency with flexibility and willingness to change ideas in the face of new information. Empowers others to achieve desired results and holds them accountable.
- Seeks ideas for continuous improvement and change; suggests and encourages innovative ideas for products/processes.
- Views problems from a total business perspective, considering economic opportunities, required investment, risks and anticipated paybacks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to coordinate and manage various people/projects to ensure timelines are consistently met and that work is prioritized accordingly.
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) skills with proven experience conducting presentations to a wide variety of audiences.
- Progressive team management capability to include developing cohesive teams and providing necessary leadership to ensure success.
- Proven problem solving identification and resolution capability.
- Experience working and multi-taking in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Executive presence, emotional stability and the ability to command respect.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing and challenging situations.
- Persistence and willingness to take calculated risks and the ability to stimulate ideas.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ERP systems; Epicor highly preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to be proactive and anticipate next steps.
- Ability to Travel domestic and international 25% – 35% of the time.