- Supply Chain RecruitersVice President Supply Chain
The VP Supply Chain is a key position that will aggressively pursue strategies for continuous improvement in cost reduction, supply management, material planning and control, and integration of supply chain elements. This person will select, hire, develop highly effective people and then challenge and support them. They will develop and implement global strategic sourcing initiatives. Success in the implementation of Lean / Six Sigma and proven ability to reduce costs in the manufacturing base must be evident. We are seeking a leader who can deftly operate “in the moment” while always working toward a future that he/she has helped define. As VP of Supply Chain you will have the opportunity to “hit a home run” with a strong and stable multi-billion dollar organization. This role reports directly to the President.
- Synchronize supply chain for optimum efficiency and costs.
- Develop and deploy strategy to support Operational Excellence and long range plan.
- Optimize procure-to-pay process.
- Organize and direct sourcing activities for value, quality, inventory, and delivery.
- Develop and nurture strong supplier relationships.
- Lead, support, and provide metrics for sector commodity programs and COE.
- Ensure continuity of supply.
- Drive rationalization and CI through Life Cycle Strategic Commodity Business Planning Process and Supplier Stratification Index.
- Develop a highly effective team through selection, development, mentoring. Apply Development Dialogues, AIM/PMP process and leadership reviews.
- Develop and manage global commodity and supply chain strategies.
- Deliver 5% year over year material cost productivity improvement.
- Ultimately responsible for $3 billion spend.
- Collaboratively develop vision, strategy and roadmap for future Supply Chain.
- Develop the Supply Chain and Sourcing policy deployment plan to support the Business Operating System.
- Set standards and metrics for measuring results and supplier performance.
- BS in relevant fields plus MBA.
- CPIM/CPM certification preferred.
- LEAN/Six Sigma background.
- 15 years strategic sourcing experience in a world-class global manufacturing company.
- Responsibility for $1.0 billion (minimum) spend.
- Expatriate assignment major plus.
- Broad commodity background.
- Excellent financial acumen especially as related to sourcing and supply chain.
- Fully knowledgeable of technology and software solutions in world class environments. Competent in at least one Enterprise Software brand. (Oracle, JD Edwards, SAP, etc).
- Experience with contemporary supplier integration techniques and processes.
- In-depth materials management expertise with successes in customer service, inventory, and cost.
- High level negotiating skills.
- Online auction experience.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Selects and develops the best players.