- Supply Chain RecruitersVP of Sourcing
Sourcing leader to be responsible for the company’s end to end sourcing of products and services essential for our operations. In addition, the individual will be responsible for all phases of sourcing that require the skills necessary to identify cost saving opportunities, assure continuity of supply, create competitive environments, creatively negotiate, generate contracts to assure seamless availability of all products to support the company objectives.
- Assure continuity of supply to meet the production targets.
- Evaluate all suppliers with respect to capabilities to meet company’s business objectives including but not limited to quality, cost, manufacturing capacity, technology roadmap, and financial health of the supplier.
- Develop supplier strategy to assure the company is engaged with world class suppliers.
- Develop the cost commodity cost reduction plan for the annual operating plan and the long-term strategy for the 5-year outlook plan.
- Work closely with Engineering to align cost reduction planning.
- Manage and close all supplier contracts and MSAs.
- Manage the supplier relationship with Company’s Contract Manufacturers including meeting cost targets and contractual relationships.
- Take overall responsibility for the strategic sourcing management goals of the company and implement action items to ensure that those goals are achieved.
- Manage and mentor staff encouraging professional growth & development.
- Responsible for negotiations for best possible cost service guarantee and develop “win-win” strategies that achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models.
- Implement supplier agreements/contracts when beneficial by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities.
- Maintain and develop supplier relationships (QBR’s, supplier meetings, conferences, etc.).
- Participate in establishing short-term and long-range planning and budget development of the company to support strategic business goals.
- Develop a supplier management program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives.
- Establishes purchasing policies and ensures compliance within the department.
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization.
- Lead department to develop forecasts for future demand and place orders in a timely fashion based upon vendor lead-time.
- Develop and implement sourcing and supplier selection strategy domestically and internationally.
- Excess and Obsolescence management.
- Oversee staffing/recruiting/training /coaching of direct reports including performance reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and at least ten (10) years purchasing/strategic sourcing experience along with 5+ year’s relevant operations/supply chain experience.
- Experience with contract manufacturing vendors.
- Strong preference for some international sourcing experience.
- Strongly prefer some Lithium-Ion Battery and High Voltage component sourcing experience.
- Ability to manage projects and establish clear goals and accountabilities to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria).
- Knowledge of the legal terminology and language related to supplier and/or vendor agreements and contracts.
- Advanced systems skills and working knowledge of MS Office, with advanced Excel knowledge.
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills.