- Supply Chain RecruitersLogistics Manager
Logistics Manager will negotiate and manage all parts of the relationships with its truckload carriers. Regular interface with transportation service providers and suppliers will ensure service expectations are fulfilled. Recognize and analyze potential service issues which could impact the performance of the company. Maintain rate information and carrier training and resolve issues.
- Develop strategies and negotiate/administer all transportation truckload contracts, select carriers and negotiate rates.
- Drive implementation of common carrier strategies Document and execute transportation initiatives to meet or exceed cost and service requirements related to carrier and supplier performance.
- Manage manufacturing warehouse inventory and record inventory.
- Monitor and manage budgets.
- Keep up-to-date on shipping carriers, routes and rates and any changes to them.
- Minimum of 2 years of transportation services contracting, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with transportation management systems.
- Knowledge of material management processes.
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics / Transportation or equivalent.